What We Need From You to Start Management
We will need to walk through your property and create a list of all of its best features for marketing purposes. We will also need all of the following items:
- Copy of your Settlement Statement
- If you have it, a copy of the deed
- Copy of your and other owners Driver's License
- Name and contact information for the Homeowners Association and HOA Management Company
- Copy of the covenants & bylaws for your HOA
- Keys to all doors
- Garage Door Remotes
- Keys and access information for any community amenities to be included (pool, clubhouse, mailbox etc...)
- Utility company information for all utilities related to your property
- Fill out all the documents that we will send to you
- Property insurance company contact info. If this is the first time you'll be leasing your property you may need to convert your policy to a landlord policy.
We require a capital contribution of $250.00 to $500.00, depending on the size and condition of the property, in order to establish your account with us. These funds will be used for approved expenses such as the final make ready process including re keying the locks, a final interior cleaning, final yard service, utilities while vacant and any other authorized make ready expense.
State law does not allow us to commingle owner's funds so we must have this small reserve in advance in order to remain in compliance. Beginning the first month, and at the start of each month thereafter, you will receive a complete written accounting statement tracking all income and expenses as well as your balance in the reserve account for each property that we manage for you.
Due to the current economic environment we will also need you to verify with us that all mortgages, property taxes and homeowners association fees on your property are current and paid.
Condition of Property at Time of First Rental
Cleanliness: Before ALH|Podland Realty markets the OWNERS home, and before the new tenant takes possession, the owner agrees to clean the premises at the OWNER'S expense. All work done will appear professional. This includes:
- Carpet Cleaning
- All appliances totally cleaned
- Baths & Kitchen scrubbed throughout
- Drapes and blinds clean
- Window, inside and out
- Light fixtures shelves, cabinets etc.
- Paint (inside and out) and wallpaper should have fresh attractive look. No holes.
- Grass should be mowed & landscaping trimmed and weeded. Reseeding or resodding should be done when necessary.
- Garage should be empty, swept and washed down.
- Outside of home should be washed down, including gutters.
- The rest of the premises should be in keeping with the above recommendations.
- All personal property to be removed from the premises. Please note ALH|Podland Realty, Inc. will not be responsible for anything left on the property.
REPAIR: All systems must be in place and in good repair at the time of first leasing the Property. Drapes, Blinds, Lights, Light switches, Wall Plugs, Doors, Windows, Screens, Fans, Sprinklers, Faucets, Drains, Locks, Toilets, Sinks, Dishwashers, Heating & Cooling Units, Shower & Tub Caulking, etc., will work properly. Property will be painted inside and outside, including garage and all the closets. OWNER agrees to be responsible for the cost to immediately repair the areas of the premises not functioning correctly.