Rental Application Policy and Procedures by ALH|Podland Realty
“We are pledged to the letter and spirit of the U.S. Policy for the Achievement of Equal Housing Opportunity throughout the Nation. We encourage and support a program in which there are no barriers to obtaining housing because of Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Handicap, Familial Status, National Origin, or Sexual Orientation.”
All applicants must schedule a showing online, complete screening questionnaire and see the interior of the property before submitting an application.ALH|Podland Realty does NOT negotiate terms and conditions during the marketing period. All properties are rented in an AS IS condition, except where there is written agreement for repairs with the owner/property manager. If there is a written agreement, that agreement will become a part of the lease. Verbal representations are non-binding.
ALL INFORMATION COLLECTED FOR THE APPLICATION IS CONSIDERED CONFIDENTIAL IN NATURE
AND FOR ALH|PODLAND REALTY AND PROPERTY MANAGEMENT USE ONLY.
Please Read Detailed Qualification Requirements PRIOR to Filling Out an Application.
A. Applicant -
- All persons applying to be a lease holder must be 21 years of age or older. All applicants 18 years of age or over must complete an application, including submission of all supporting documents required and pay the application fee. All applicants 18 years or older are financially responsible unless excluded under the definition of Occupant.
B. Occupant -
- Any person applying who is 18 years of age or older and who is a dependent of the tenant must provide proof of dependency (last year’s tax return or medical documentation). Occupant(s) will not be financially responsible for the lease, must complete an application, and pay the application fee or,
- Person(s) under the age of 18, need not complete an application and will not be financially responsible for the lease.
- Tenant - All persons applying who are 18 years of age or older and who will be financially responsible for the lease. All tenants must complete an application, including submission of all supporting documents required and pay the application fee.
- Guarantor - Any person who guarantees payment should the applicant default on their financial responsibility. Guarantor(s) cannot reside in the property, must live in the state of Georgia, be 18 years of age or older, pay a separate application fee and be approved without contingencies.
2. TO APPLY FOR A HOME, THE FOLLOWING IS REQUIRED:
Summary of Applicant Requirements
For a complete List of Qualification Criteria, click here.
- Must complete online screening questionnaire, schedule showing via ShowMojo and view property with showing agent before applying.
- Provide current photo ID and legal status i.e. driver’s license, permanent resident card, passport / visa, military ID for each applicant over the age of 18.
- Provide a copy of the SS card for each applicant over the age of 18
- Provide last 90 days of pay stubs, OR most recent 2 years of tax returns plus last 6 months bank statements, W-2 AND/OR Benefits letter for Social Security benefits, Welfare benefits, GI benefits, new employment contract that shows income is .28 times the rent
- Must meet requirements and pass Five-point background check to include: credit, eviction, criminal, child molester, and a terrorist check
- Must provide current and previous landlord information for Landlord Verifications.
- Must provide employment information for Employer Verification.
- Must pay Application Fee is $55 per person for each applicant/occupant age of 18 or older. Must be 21 years or older to be financially responsible for the lease
- The Holding fee* is equal to a full first month rent and must be paid within 48 hours of acceptance.
3.1 Fair Housing: ALH|Podland Realty adheres to Fair Housing Laws and does not discriminate against protected classes.
3.2 Application: Everyone age 18 or older must fill out an application. There is a $55 application fee per person. Application fee must be paid online via debit or credit card. The application fee is non-refundable. If you are unable to submit an online application, our administrator can do it for an additional $25 fee. Applications will be processed on a “first come, first serve basis” based on submission, availability of supporting documents, and ability to completely verify all provided information. If more than one application is submitted before approval can be achieved, the first application that is COMPLETED with VERIFICATIONS will be selected for approval.
Applications are considered complete when all the required supporting documents are provided. Processing of a complete application may take up to 4-5 business days. Due to unforeseen circumstances, some applications may take longer to process. You will be contacted immediately upon determination of approval or denial.
Applications with incomplete documentation:
- and/or unpaid application fees are VOID after 72 hours.
- If all documents are not submitted, application is considered incomplete and will not be processed.
- After 72 hours, if all required application documents are not provided, application will be considered abandoned and therefore, VOID.
- If the applicant would like to reapply, applicant may do so by starting from scratch with a new application.
If the applicant is denied after screening, applicant and all others on the application must wait 45 days to restart the application process.
If the application has been approved:
- If application is approved, you must provide a holding fee within 2 business days (OR 48 HOURS) of notice. If an applicant fails to provide the necessary holding fee within the time limit, the applicant will be rejected, the next approved applicant will be processed for the property.
- No properties are held for more than 2 weeks from application approval date unless approved by owner in writing.
- Keys will be released on the first day of possession (day of your move-in inspection) and under NO circumstances prior to that date.
- Any prorated rent amount will be applied to the second month of occupancy.
- SECURITY DEPOSIT MUST BE PAID WITH CERTIFIED FUNDS (TO INCLUDE PET FEE WHEN APPLICABLE) at the time of possession (or your move-in inspection).
- If applicant(s) are approved with conditions, those conditions supersede all conflicting statements in this document.
3.3 Occupancy limits:
• Three Bedrooms: Four people
• Four Bedrooms: Five people
• Five Bedrooms: Six people
• Six Bedrooms: Seven people.
Children under the age of two (2) are not counted towards this total.
3.4 Smoking: Our rentals are non-smoking. You may only smoke outside and must be at least ten feet from any shared entrance/exit.
3.5 Pets: We generally do not allow pets in properties we manage. Some homes, however, may allow pets but, on a case-by-case basis. Each rental may have limitations regarding the type, breed, size, or number of pets. Additional rent and/or deposit may apply. If you are applying with pets, you must provide a separate pet application and a recent picture of the pet. See our Pet Policy for details.
3.6 Scoring: We screen applicants objectively and fairly using a scoring worksheet.
- Based on your score we place you in one of three categories: Approved, Approved with Conditions, or Denied.
- Approved with Conditions means we will require additional funds to mitigate the increased risk.
- Approved with Conditions is common among young people with no established rent history or credit, people with past bankruptcies or evictions and landlord lawsuits that are over 4 years old, or people new to the area with no local work/rent history.
3.7 Proof of income: Your current income should be at least .28 times the monthly rent. You must provide us with your last three months of company generated pay stubs. In addition, if starting new employment, a letter on company letterhead from your employer that shows your date of employment and monthly income is required. Self-employed can provide their most recent two years of tax returns and most recent six months of bank statements showing deposits. Other forms of income (child support, social security, SSI, etc.) may be considered if you can provide documentation showing benefit and/or award for the current year.
3.8 Proof of Employment: ALH Podland Realty conducts a thorough screening to confirm your employment status as well as the company you are employed with. Please see below for the following requirements:
- If you work for a large (Fortune 500) company, paystubs must be company generated and/or from a legitimate payroll company. Information provided on the application and paystubs must match the legal and registered information of employer. In addition, ALH Podland Realty must be able to reach your Direct Supervisor and Human Resources Department at the place of business (no cell phones).
- If you work for a smaller, locally owned company or are SELF-EMPLOYED (*Persons who hold jobs that are commission only, base salary plus commission, tips, or bonus will be considered self-employment.), we will confirm the following:
- Company must be registered with the Georgia Secretary of State
- Must have a valid website, business phone number and place of business. All of which must match with registration.
- Must have current year business license for county in which business is located.
3.9 Verified ID: Each applicant must provide a current drivers’ license, military ID, state ID, or passport. Social Security card is also required.
3.10 Credit and Criminal: ALH|Podland Realty obtains a credit/criminal/eviction/terrorist/child molester report for each applicant. We do not accept credit reports from anyone else. The report verifies your identity and provides us with your criminal history, eviction history, rental history, and a detailed credit report as well as other information. Collections and judgments may affect your score though we generally disregard any medical and educational collections.
3.11 Rental history: We will check your rental history by contacting current and former Landlord(s). If you were a homeowner, we will verify your mortgage payment history on the credit report and bank statements for most recent 12 month period. We do not accept references from family or friends.
3.12 Holding Fee: An approved applicant will pay the holding fee within 48 hours of being approved. Holding Fee will hold your property for you until you move in. The property will be removed from the market and will no longer be advertised for rent. Holding Fee will be converted to your first month rent after you move into your new rental home. If you change your mind, your circumstances change, and you DO NOT move-in into your approved home, you will FORFEIT (loose) your holding fee.
3.13 Security Deposit: Your security deposit is due at the time of your move in inspection. It needs to be in certified funds or a money order. Personal checks will not be accepted. Also, agreed upon amount of your security deposit must be paid in full at your move in inspection. If your security deposit funds are not ready at move it, we will NOT turn the keys over to you and we will cancel the move in inspection.
3.14 Renting: We do not hold homes off the market for more than two weeks before we expect you to start paying rent. Owner approval is required for longer vacancies. Our rent is always due on the 1st day of each month. If you move in partway through the month, we will prorate your rent based on the number of days remaining in that month on the second month of your residency.
3.15 Lease signing: Each financially responsible adult Tenant must review and sign the rental agreement. All signatures are done online, however, we typically go over the whole lease document during the move in inspection. It is your responsibility to read and understand the rental agreement before signing it.
4. EARLY TERMINATION PRIOR TO TAKING POSSESSION:
- giving a written notice to the Property Manager, and
- if the termination is within 14 days of the lease signing, the applicant must pay an amount of money equivalent to the security deposit to the Landlord
- or if the termination is more than 14 days after the lease was signed by paying an amount equivalent to the security deposit and one month’s rent to the Landlord.
This provision applies only to those tenants who have NOT taken possession of the rental property.
This Rental Criteria and Procedures handout is provided to everyone seeking an application for a property managed or Tenant Placement where ALH|Podland Realty LLC & Rental Homes Property Management has a signed agreement with an Owner to provide these services.