Rental Application Procedures by ALH|Podland Realty & Atlanta Property Management
“We are pledged to the letter and spirit of the U.S. Policy for the Achievement of Equal Housing Opportunity throughout the Nation. We encourage and support a program in which there are no barriers to obtaining housing because of Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Handicap, Familial Status, National Origin, or Sexual Orientation.”
All applicants must see the interior of the property before submitting an application. All properties are rented in an AS IS condition, except where there is written agreement for repairs with the owner/property manager. If there is a written agreement, that agreement will become a part of the lease. Verbal representations are non-binding.
ALL INFORMATION COLLECTED FOR THE APPLICATION IS CONSIDERED CONFIDENTIAL IN NATURE
AND FOR ALH|PODLAND REALTY AND PROPERTY MANAGEMENT USE ONLY.
Please Read Detailed Qualification Requirements PRIOR to Filling Out an Application.
A. Applicant -
- All persons applying to be a lease holder must be 21 years of age or older. All applicants must complete an application, including submission of all supporting documents required and pay the application fee. All applicants 18 years or older are financially responsible unless excluded under the definition of Occupant.
B. Occupant -
- Any person applying who is 18 years of age or older and who is a dependent of the tenant must provide proof of dependency (last year’s tax return or medical documentation). Occupant(s) will not be financially responsible for the lease, must complete an application, and pay the application fee or,
- Person(s) under the age of 18, need not complete an application and will not be financially responsible for the lease.
- Tenant - All persons applying who are 18 years of age or older and who will be financially responsible for the lease. All tenants must complete an application, including submission of all supporting documents required and pay the application fee.
- Guarantor - Any person who guarantees payment should the applicant default on their financial responsibility. Guarantor(s) cannot reside in the property, must live in the state of Georgia, be 18 years of age or older, pay a separate application fee and be approved without contingencies.
2. PROCESSING TIME FRAME:
Processing an application may take up to 4 business days. Due to unforeseen circumstances, some applications may take longer to process. You will be contacted immediately upon determination of approval or denial. You will have 2 business days (48 hours) from notification by an ALH|Podland Property Management representative to complete all lease requirements for the property for which the application is submitted and approved.
3. TO APPLY FOR A HOME, THE FOLLOWING IS REQUIRED:
Partial Tenant Requirements
For a complete List of Qualification Criteria, click here.
- Photo ID and legal status i.e. driver license, permanent resident card, passport / visa, military ID for each applicant over the age of 18
- A copy of the SS card for each applicant over the age of 18
- Last 90 days of pay stubs, OR most recent 2 years of tax returns, OR W-2, AND/OR Benefits letter for Social Security benefits, Welfare benefits, GI benefits,
employment contract that shows income is .28 times the rent
- Five point background check to include: credit, eviction, criminal, child molester, and a terrorist check
- Credit score number will be different for every home and will be listed in Tenant Requirements for each home.
- Application Fee is $55 per person for each applicant/occupant age of 18 or older. Must be 21 years or older to be financially responsible for the lease
- Security Deposit equals to one month rent or higher depending on your circumstances.
- First month rent required.
- Holding fee is equal to a full first month rent.
4. POLICIES AND PROCEDURES:
Applications will be processed on a “first come, first serve basis” based on submission, availability of supporting documents, and ability to completely verify all provided information If more than one application is submitted before approval can be achieved, the first application that is COMPLETED with VERIFICATIONS will be selected for approval.
Applications are considered complete when all the required supporting documents are provided.
Applications with incomplete documentation are denied after 72 hours. If not all documents are submitted, application is considered incomplete and will not be processed. After 72 hours, if all application documents (complete package as shown in the paragraph above) are not provided for consideration, application will be considered abandoned and therefore, rejected.
- If application is approved, you must provide a holding fee within 2 business days (OR 48 HOURS) of notice. If an applicant fails to provide the necessary holding fee within the time limit, the applicant will be rejected, the next applicant will be processed.
- No properties are held for more than 2 weeks from application approval date unless approved by owner in writing.
- Keys will be released on the first day of possession (day of your move-in inspection) and under NO circumstances prior to that date.
- Regardless of move in date, an amount equivalent to a full month’s rent is required upon move in. The first full month’s rent must be paid online, it will be converted from your holding fee.
- Any prorated rent amount will be applied to the second month of occupancy.
- SECURITY DEPOSIT MUST BE PAID WITH CERTIFIED FUNDS (TO INCLUDE PET FEE WHEN APPLICABLE) at the time of possession (or your move-in inspection).
- If applicant(s) are approved with conditions, those conditions supersede all conflicting statements in this document.
5. EARLY TERMINATION PRIOR TO TAKING POSSESSION:
- giving a written notice to the Property Manager, and
- if the termination is within 14 days of the lease signing, the applicant must pay an amount of money equivalent to the security deposit to the Landlord
- or if the termination is more than 14 days after the lease was signed by paying an amount equivalent to the security deposit and one month’s rent to the Landlord.
This provision applies only to those tenants who have NOT taken possession of the rental property.
This Rental Criteria and Procedures handout is provided to everyone seeking an application for a property managed or Tenant Placement where ALH|Podland Realty LLC & Rental Homes Property Management has a signed agreement with an Owner to provide these services.