9 Benefits a Property Management Company Provides and Investor
Have you invested in rental properties? Do you find yourself interested in investing, but loathing the landlord aspect? If so, you are like most. Investing is a skill that takes time and focus – and great attention to details. You need to have the ability to focus and thoroughly make solid decisions. However, when you have your tenants ringing your cell in need of maintenance or you have to drive to your properties to collect rent, being a landlord can interfere.
Most investors turn to property management companies to assist them with this. And here’s why:
1. Property managers can streamline rental payments. No longer will you have to run from property to property to collect rent. Instead, your property manager can collect rent using a simple, online platform that you can monitor.
2. Property management companies have connections. Whenever the need for maintenance arises – and it will – your management team has a network of service personnel in the area that can handle all aspects of your maintenance needs.
3. Property managers will help you avoid having a vacant investment. An empty rental property means you are losing money. Your property management team will work hard to make sure your property has the lowest amount of vacancy possible.
4. Property managers understand the market. They can get you the highest rent possible for your investment property. This allows you to receive an ROI that you can be proud of.
5. Property management companies free up your time. You are an investor. Spend your time doing what you do best – investing and let your property managers handle your property, tenants, and all that comes with it.
6. Property managers know the law – and abide by it. There are a lot of laws that you must follow when you become a landlord. Don’t get yourself in any hot water. Instead, your management team knows and understands all the local, state, and federal property laws.
7. Property managers provide regular, routine maintenance on your investment, so you don’t have to. Certain seasons require certain upkeep on properties. With a property manager, you can automatically mark this off your to-do list.
8. Property management companies handle all paperwork. From tenant applications to move out – and everything in between – your management team will handle all the record-keeping.
9. Property management companies are on your side. Your management team treats your rental property as its own. This includes finding the best tenants, performing routine maintenance, striving to keep good tenants, and everything else that comes with a landlord’s responsibility.
While there are more benefits than can be counted, these 9 are some of the most valuable. Focus on what you are great at – investing – and leave the management of your Atlanta rental properties up to the experts. It won’t take long for you to see just how beneficial this change can be.
Marina Shlomov, a managing partner at ALH|Podland Rental Homes Property Management is the author of many articles on Landlording, Property Management, and Real Estate Investing. A residential builder in the state of Georgia since 1999, Marina is an investor herself. Her property management company is intended “For Investors” and “By Investors” for a simple reason – she knows what investors’ goals are and she works hard to reach their goals. In her spare time, Marina likes to spend time with her family, friends, garden, read and travel. Check her out at www.alhpodland.com. You can find Marina’s articles and comments at @rentalhomesatl on Twitter, on Facebook, Google+, Blogger. and YouTube,Bigger Pockets and REI CLub and LinkedIn.