15 Tips to Prepare Your Southern Rental Home For Winter & Save On Energy Costs
Even though our weather here in the south is milder than in the rest of the country, our temperatures still fall below zero. Rental homes in Decatur, Stone Mountain, Lithonia, East Point and College Park still need to be winterized and prepared for the colder weather that's coming our way. Here are a few inexpensive things you can do as a tenant to weatherize your rental home, save on energy and ensure a safe home for your family. We have wrote other articles on energy savings in the winter time, so taking some of the steps outlined here will help drastically reduce your energy costs in the winter time. So, without further delay, the list:
- Caulk windows and doors
- Weatherstrip doors
- Clean gutters
- Clean the clothes drier vent
- Change HVAC (furnace) filters (should be changed at least twice a year)
- Clean windows
- Inspect crawl space or basement for leaks or rodents
- Inspect faucets, sinks and pipes for leaks
- Remove exterior hoses and close the drains
- Insulate pull-down attic stairs and whole house fan
- Put away outdoor equipment
- Inspect deck or porch for loose boards, call the landlord if you find any
- Test GFCI outlets
- Test smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors
- Trip circuit breakers
If you would like to learn more about leasing a house in Stone Mountain, East Point, College Park or Decatur, contact us. Our experienced property management company can help you find rental properties in your ideal location.
Facebok/LinkedIn: 15 Tips to Prepare Your Southern Rental Home For Winter & Save On Energy Costs. Simple and inexpensive things you can do to save on energy costs in winter, make your Decatur rental home cozy for your family and enjoy the winter months worry free.
Twitter: Have you thought about #rentalhome #rentalhomemaintenancetips #maintenancetips? Find out 15 easy steps you can take to prepare your southern rental home for winter.