Rental Qualification Requirements for ALH|Podland Realty Atlanta Property Management
Welcome to ALH|Podland Realty & Renal Homes Property Management. Before you apply to lease an ALH|Podland Realty rental home please take the time to review this screening policy. All persons 18 years of age or older will be required to complete separate rental applications and pay a full application fee of $55. Application fees are non refundable. Applicants with adult dependents and applying for residency will complete a joint application. The term “applicant(s) under this policy means the person or persons that will be signing the Lease as “residents”; the term “occupant(s)” in this policy means the person or persons that are authorized occupants under the Lease. Minimum age requirement for a primary applicant is to be 21 years of age.
Please also note that these are our current rental criteria, nothing contained in these requirements shall constitute a guarantee or representation by ALH|Podland Realty Atlanta Property Management that all residents and occupants currently residing in an ALH|Podland Realty have met these requirements.
The following occupancy standards are based on 2 persons per bedroom, plus one per home.
Three Bedrooms: Seven persons
Four Bedrooms: Nine persons
Five Bedrooms: Eleven persons
Six Bedrooms: Thirteen persons
How You Will Be Evaluated+
All applicants are evaluated on a scoring system assigning different weight to one or another crieria. To be approved, an applicant must accumulate a minimum of 70 points out of total 100 points. Credit score, Income, Length of prior residency, and other factors go into the evaluation. Again, a minim score of 70 must be acquired to be approved for residency.
Applicants must be 21 years of age or older. Anyone under the age of 21 will need to have a co-signer who will be responsible for the lease.
- Your Gross income must be greater than .28 times the rent amount for any financially responsible applicant. There are no exceptions. (to get your monthly required amount, take the rent amount and divide by .28) or
$of rent /.28=Your Required Monthly Income
- Co-signers gross income must be .22 times the rent amount or
$of rent /.22=Your Required Monthly Income
Forms of ID we require and accept are as follows:
You must provide a copy of your social security card as well as one form of ID listed below.
- A Driver's License
- A United States Passport
- A Green Card
- A Military ID
- A State Issued ID card
Credit & Other Restrictions+
- The minimum credit score requirement is listed on each property description page under Tenant Requirements Section.
- No evictions within the past 3 years (absolutely no exceptions)
- No landlord law suites, liens or judgments for non-payment of rent within the past 3 (three) years. (absolutely no exceptions)
- Anyone with an active bankruptcy is automatically denied. Applicants with bankruptcy of over 4 years will be reviewed based on the the rest of credit requirements. Bankruptcy of four (4) years or less will trigger an automatic denial.
- We will check references with your employer and your current and past landlords. If the reports don't meet our criteria, you will be denied.
- If you, the tenant has had any disputes with any of the previous landlords within the past 5 years, the application will be automatically denied. (absolutely no exceptions)
A credit report will be completed on all adults (18 years of age and older) leaseholders to verify credit worthiness. We will also perform a search of Landlord/Tenant Court records and a Criminal Activity check.
Credit score requirements are different based on different properties and property owners. An actual credit score requirement will be listed on the property flier for each particular property.
No Credit Score+
If your credit report does not show a credit score, you will have to have a co-signer, or another adult over the age of 21 who will be able to show a satisfactory credit history to either be on the application with you or have a co-signer who will be financially responsible for your portion of the lease or the whole lease.
If there is no credit score available, however, you qualify under income, employment and other requirements, your security deposit will be double the rent amount.
Anyone with an active bankruptcy is automatically denied. Applicants with bankruptcy of over 4 years will be reviewed based on the the rest of credit requirements. Bankruptcy of four (4) years or less will trigger an automatic denial.
A security deposit is required at move-in. Deposits are refundable upon move-out, less any charges assessed for damage to the property and any unpaid balance owed at the time of move-out. Deposits may not be applied to first month’s rent or towards rent at any time during the residency.
Deposits can be made in the form of money order, certified funds or cashier’s check or a combination of the above.
Security Deposit Requirements+
All properties will list in the description a minimum required FICO score. Fico scores within 20 points, and depending on other factors and total score of applicant may go up to 2 times the monthly rent amount for security depsit
In the event that we are unable to verify rental history, the security deposit requirement is 2 times the rent amount all paid in the form of certified funds to ALH|Podland Realty & Renal Homes Property Management..
Applicants With Undocumented Income+
Applicants with undocumented income will be denied. Furthermore, applicants trying to falsify proof of income will be automatically declined. Undocumented income means you are not able to produce a check stub, a W-2, a 1099, a copy of tax return or an official statement of disability or other type of government benefit.
Outstanding Debt (Utilities Or Cash Advance/Payday Loans)+
All outstanding collection accounts in excess of $500 incurred in the past seven years for utilities or cash advance/payday loans, will trigger a decline. Any utility and payday loan debt $300 and under will not be required to be paid. Proof current utilities are in applicants name with no delinquent balance is required. If proof cannot be obtained, the debt will be required to be paid.
Outstanding Debt (Prior Landlord)+
All outstanding debt owed to a prior landlord; applicant will have 48 hours to prove the debt does not belong to them. If not received within 48 hours, application will be declined. Any applicant with prior evictions, lawsuits with landlords or judgements for non-payment of rent will be automatically denied.
Each applicant over the age of 18 will be required to pay an application fee of $55, each co-signer is required to pay a $55 application fee. Additional applicants within the same family age 18 or over (secondary tenant) will pay an application fee of $55 and will be reviewed and screened in the same fashion. Application fees are not refundable.
- If one applicant within a group (family, roommates, etc.) is denied for prior evictions, landlord lawsuits or judgements for non-payment of rent, THE WHOLE GROUP WILL BE DENIED.
A criminal background check will be conducted for each applicant and occupant age 18 years or more. The application will be denied for any Felony or a certain Misdemeanors that have occurred within the timeline identified below prior to the application deadline date regardless of the applicant's age at the time the offense was committed. All records are evaluated from the date of disposition. Traffic Violations will not be considered.
- Any Misdemeanor Conviction within the past 5 years will trigger an automatic denial of application.
- High Level Misdemeanor Convictions including but not limited to Assault, Drugs (possession or distribution), or Theft will be denied irrelevant of time lapsed.
- Completed service for a Felony Conviction within the past 7 years will result in a denial. That means you have to be discharged from prison no less than 7 years prior to application date.
- Felony Convictions such as Armed Robbery, Rape, Murder, Domestic Violence,Kidnapping, Drugs (possession or distribution), Child Molestation and Child Abuse will cause an immediate denial of the application irrelevant of time lapsed.
- Any Discharged Crimes Related to Prostitution will cause an immediate denial of the application irrelevant of time lapsed. To be clear, any convictions relating to any of the below listed behaviors will be denied irrelevant of time lapsed
- In addition to pimping and pandering, there are several prostitution-related crimes that involve third parties. State laws relating to the sex trade typically prohibit certain categories of behavior that foster prostitution. These include:
- keeping or residing in a house of prostitution
- leasing a house for prostitution
- procuring a person to travel for purposes of prostitution
- bringing a person to a place kept for prostitution
- sending a minor to, or permitting a minor to enter a house of prostitution, and
- taking a person against his or her will for prostitution.
Must meet three requirements:
- Person must have a disability and be able to show evidence of disability from a licensed medical practitioner
- The animal must serve a function directly related to the person's disability
- The request to have a service animal must be reasonable
Americans with Disabiities+
For Disabled Americans, with proof of disability, requests for Reasonable accommodations may include, and will be approved with instruction on who may and may not perform the work, for modification at tenants expense for the following:
- Installation of a ramp so that an individual in a wheelchair can have access to property
- Installation of grab bars in the bathroom
- Installation of tile flooring to make it easier for a person with a walker or wheelchair
- Widening doorways, lowering kitchen cabinets and door knobs
- Occasional support – we will not prohibit social services or health provides to visit as needed
* only licensed residential contractors approved by the ALH|Podland Realty may perform the work for the modifications within the property.
ALH|Podland Realty requires written Verification of Rent (VOR) or Verification of Mortgage (VOM) on all Primary Applicants. Primary Applicant must have 6 months positive rental or mortgage history within the past 24 months. If a previous landlord cannot be contacted, 6 consecutive months of proof of payment must be verified and a copy of the lease contract must be provided. Applicants not having verifiable rental history will have to pay a total deposit equal to two month’s rent.
Negative VORS will trigger a decline for any of the following reasons:
Outstanding debt to a previous landlord or an outstanding NSF check not paid in full;
- A breach of a prior lease or a prior eviction or if any applicant or occupant is in the process of eviction;
- More than 3 late payments and/or 2 NSFs within the past 12 months;
- Documented complaints or damages from previous landlords.
- Automatic denial to anyone with a prior history of evictions, landlord lawsuits or judgements for non-payment of rent.
Guarantors (co-signers) will be accepted for applicants who do not meet the required rent-to-income ratio or denied on credit. Only one guarantor per applicant is permissible. For guarantor-supported applications, guarantor will be required to complete the application and pay a full application fee. Guarantors must have a gross monthly income .22 times of the monthly rent (see formulas for calculation above in the Income Section) and meet all other qualifying criteria identified in this screening policy. The guarantor must execute the Residential Lease Guaranty form at the time of submitting the rental application. Guarantors may be relatives, or an employer; friends may not serve as a Guarantor. Guarantors are to be presented at initial application. If an applicant is denied, they must wait 45 days for restart application process. If a Guarantor is added after applicant denial, Manager approval is required to waive the 45 day waiting period and approve with the Guarantor.
It is to be understood, a guarantor is the person Financially Responsible for Lease Payments and all consequences resulting in being Financially Responsible Party.
Falsification Of Application+
Any falsification in Applicant’s paperwork will result in the automatic denial of application and applicant will not be given the option to reapply. In the event that an applicant falsifies his/her paperwork, applicant will forfeit all deposits and fees paid.
Once an application is denied, it is removed from our system within 7 days. If you are not approved, we will send you a letter via email and via regular mail to the address you provided on your application with an explanation for the denial and a information where you can obtain a copy of your reports.
Approvals are good for 7 days from the approved date and will require new apps and income docs after that time. If a holding fee is not paid within 48 hours of acceptance, acceptance becomes null and void and a new application will have to be filed. We will NOT hold a property for someone who has not paid their holding fee within 48 hours of acceptance.
We reserve the right to review all outstanding debts when determining our credit decision.
Applicants With Licensed In Home Care Business – ALH|Podland Realty Does Not Lease Properties To Applicants Who Operate In-Home Care Centers.
Insurance Leases – ALH|Podland Realty does not accept insurance leases or any type of short term (under 12 months) housing leases.
Depending on the property and the property owners requirements for that property, cats are NEVER accepted, dogs under 25 lbs may be accepted if they are:
- A friendly breed,
- Are house trained,
- Have all of their vaccines,
- Don't present a nuisance for the neighbors (such as constant or loud barking)
- Only if the property owner allows animals on the property
- Only one dog per property
- No other animals, no cats, no snakes, no birds, no mise, except for service animals are allowed.