Living In Lawrenceville, GA
Just Moving To Lawrenceville, GA?
No Problem. You’ll Love Living In Lawrenceville.
As you are planning on moving into your new rental home in Lawrenceville, GA, we have gathered some basic information to help you get started living in Lawrenceville, learn what the city offers, and explore programs, parks, and other recreation facilities as you start living in and enjoying Lawrenceville, GA. One of the most active and robust cities in Gwinnett County, Lawrenceville separates itself with offering the most programs for everyone to experience everything in your interest while living in Lawrenceville.
Which is one of the reasons why we try to purchase rental homes in the Lawrenceville area. We take great pride in choosing the best neighborhoods in Lawrenceville where kids have a chance to play and socialize with neighbors and parents feel safe and comfortable in completely renovated homes with lots of space and sunshine. The point of this article to familiarize you with everything Lawrenceville has to offer and make your live living in Lawrenceville more enjoyable.
Rental Homes In Lawrenceville
There are many homes available for rent in Lawrenceville and there are many different price points for rent. We have many rental homes in Lawrenceville and want to point out that not all rental homes are the same and our Lawrenceville property management company makes living in Lawrenceville better. Most homes managed by ALH|Podland Realty have granite counter tops, hardwood floors, matching appliances, updated bathrooms and vanities to make our residents life in Lawrenceville as comfortable as possible. Are we going to be the cheapest rental home in Lawrenceville? Nope, and here is why. Our homes are completely remodeled before they are put for rent. Not just painted with new carpet. Our Lawrenceville rental homes have superior materials such as granite counter tops and hardwood floors and all the other features that we offer like updated bathrooms and tile in kitchens, however, the most important reason why our rental houses in Lawrenceville are superior is because we take care of our residents and our homes! Our Lawrenceville property management company usually responds to a maintenance request within 4 hours! How would you say do we take care of our residents and our Lawrenceville rental properties? Well, here is a list of how we do it. And, it’s not the whole list, it’s just a short synopses of why our rental homes in Lawrenceville are better and therefore worth more:
- A 24/7/365 emergency hotline in case anything happens
- An online rent payment system that saves you time
- A Timely Payment Reward program to reward our residents for timely rent payments
- A 2 to 4 hour response on minor maintenance emergencies
- A wealth of information on decorating your rental home
- A wealth of information on rental tips
- A quarterly newsletter: Resident Buzz
- Active alarm systems in all homes
- But the most important reason is that we are always there for you! Just ask our residents.
So, now that we gave you the whole low-down on why our Lawrenceville rental homes are better, here is some unbiased useful information.
If you are within the Lawrenceville City Limits, you must come to City Hall to fill out paperwork and schedule a connection date.
Utility - Account Setup: You must come to City Hall to fill out paperwork and schedule a connection date. Make sure you have the following documents and/or information with you:
What you'll need to Bring With You For a Residential Account Activation
Billing/Mailing Address, if different
Lease Agreement for either Rental Property or Lease to Own Property
Applicant's Social Security Number
Driver's License, Government issued ID, Passport, or Green Card
Date of Birth
Contact Phone Numbers
Relative & Contact, not residing in location
The City of Lawrenceville Electric Department serves most of the city of Lawrenceville.
Jackson EMC and Georgia Power also serve parts of the city.
City of Lawrenceville:
Hours of Operation: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday
After Hours Service or Emergency: Lawrenceville Police Department at 770.339.2410
Office hours: 8 am - 5 pm, M-F, except holidays*
Telephone service: 7 am -7 pm, M-F
Emergency service and automated account
Georgia Power Company
Residential Customer Service
Contact them online at: GA Power Company
Natural Gas Department
The Gas Department for the City of Lawrenceville provides natural gas service for residents of Lawrenceville and parts of Gwinnett, Rockdale and Walton counties.
Gas Department Contact & Business Hours
Contact Customer Service [770.963.2414] for information about:
- Utility Set-Up: You will need to come into City Hall to fill out the paperwork and establish a hook-up date. Click here to review the list of documents you will need to set up your utility. To find out if you are served by the City of Lawrenceville, please call customer service at 770.963.2414, or e-mail us for assistance.
- Rates: Rates change monthly based upon the market value. Please contact Customer Service for specific answers to your questions, 770.963.2414.
- Billing Questions: Please contact Utility Accounts at 770.963.2414.
For new gas line installation and gas leaks: Please contact the Gas Department directly for details, 770.963.3332.
Daytime Gas Department: 770.963.3332
Hours of Operation: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday
After Hours Service or Emergency: Please contact the Lawrenceville Police Department at 770.339.2410
Click here for information on Rebates and Tax Credits for your natural gas appliances.
Pilot Light Service - Hours, Fees and Other Information:
Regular Pilot Light Service Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. please call: 770.963.3332.
- Fee: $50.00 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Fee: $80.00 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Please Note: No pilot light request can be accepted after 7:00 p.m. No pilot light service can be provided on weekends or on City of Lawrenceville observed Holidays.
Every effort will be made to light all pilot light requests received by 7:00 p.m. Any pilots not lit by 9:00 p.m. will be lit the following regular business day.
The City of Lawrenceville Water Department is dedicated to providing responsive, consistent service to its customers 24 hours per day and 365 days per year. The water department strives to supply its water customers with safe, reliable and the highest quality drinking water available on a daily basis. Two employees are assigned to the water treatment plant and backflow prevention program.
The Water Department currently has on it’s staff the following State of Georgia licensed personnel: Three (3) Class II water plant operators, Five (5) water distribution operators, Three (3) state certified backflow testers and Three (3) state proctors for assisting the state with backflow testing certification.
- Utility Set-Up: You will need to come into City Hall to fill out the paperwork and establish a hook-up date. Click here to review the list of documents you will need to set up your utility. To find out if you are served by the City of Lawrenceville, please call customer service at 770.963.2414, or email us firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Rates: Water Rates and Fees
- Billing Questions: Please contact Utility Accounts at 770.963.2414.