22 Spring/Summer Maintenance Tips For Your Rental Home
With the warmer weather fast approaching, it is time to think about doing necessary chores around your rental home. It does not take long for neglected items to produce a poor appearance or maintenance problems. Here are some tips for to maintain your rental home and keep it comfortable for your family:
- Test your smoke alarm. If necessary replace the batteries and if, after replacement, the smoke detector does not work, call us immediately It is time to clean up winter debris – dead leaves, animal droppings, trash, or any other items that are unsightly.
- It is particularly important to clear any debris away from the immediate exterior of your residence to promote fire safety.
- If you still have not taken down holiday lights and decorations, do so now.
- If your rental contract indicates you are not responsible for gardening, it is still important to report any lack of maintenance to us so that we can assist you.
- Adjust sprinklers according to weather conditions for hotter summer weather.
- If you have difficulty with your sprinklers, contact us for assistance.
How to Be a Landlord’s Dream Tenant — and Get into Any Rental You Choose
When you set up a showing for a rental property, it is really an interview. You are interviewing the landlord or property management company, and they are interviewing you. Make a critical mistake in this process, and you will have to move on to the next property. You do not have to be dressed for church, but do not come looking like you are homeless.
Get A Solid Credit Score
Add More Lighting To Your Rental Home
Having adequate lighting in your rental home can go a long way toward increasing your comfort and satisfaction. Some rental properties in Decatur and Stone Mountain only come with the bare minimum of light fixtures. Even if you are fortunate enough to find a rental home with large bay windows that let in lots of natural light, eventually, darkness falls and you will need some lighting solutions.
There are plenty of creative ways to add lighting to your rental home. Here are some illuminating ideas to keep in mind when you’re searching for housing in Stone Mountain, Georgia.
Referral Bucks Rewards Program Has Been Updated!
Check out the new, updated and redesigned program.
Any ALH|Podland Rental Homes resident who recommends someone through our Referral Rewards Program and that person meets the renal criteria and rents a home from ALH|Podland Rental Homes, will get a $100 gift certificate that can be used for anything, and we mean anything! A gift card to your favorite restaurant, or shop, or a department store, or for an upgrade. Recommend us to five people and get a $500 in rewards! It’s that simple. All you have to do is email us a list of people to whom you have given our website address and if your friends or relatives move in, we’ll send you a gift card of your choice.
People recommended by the residents must still go through our approval process and meet the necessary criteria for acceptance.
Have We Done Something Exceptional For You? Please Tell Us About It!
We are looking for your comments. Please share with us if we have done something exceptional for you and you'd like to share with others. Having people share their experiences about ALH|Podland Rental Homes would mean a lot to us, as we always want to know what our residents think about the service that we provide.
Gift Card Recipients for the last quarter, thank you for being a great resident!
There were four residents last quarter that received our Timely Rewards program gift cards. You know who you are, so again, thank you for being a great resident!
For privacy purposes, we don't want to disclose anyones' name.